Thursday, October 15, 2009

1 Year Old!!!



OK...this time I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT BELIEVE JONAH IS ALREADY 1 YEAR OLD!!! This past year just FLEW by and I know that is going to continue to happen and my baby is not going to be a baby anymore:( I do miss the baby days a lot, especially when I see pregnant women or little babies out and about. With that said, I love Jonah at the stage he is in because he can play and have fun, rather than just lay there doing nothing. He is a lot more serious than he use to be and I think it's because he just concentrates so hard on everything and he's trying harder and harder to figure out how things work and just life in general.

He is not walking quite yet but I feel it's just right around the corner. This past weekend while in Morris for his first of two birthday parties, he started walking really well while pushing a lawn mower at grandmom and grandpapa's house. Every time he would walk pushing it he would have a huge smile on his face because he was so proud and loved doing it! Micah's mom had us bring it home and he is doing so well with it here too. He is also standing for longer periods of time without holding on to anything. The bad part about this is that he thinks when he doesn't want to stand anymore he can just lean forward and I will catch him. I have everytime so far, but there is going to come a time when he does this and he falls smack on his face, but we can hope he figures this out and stops doing it BEFORE that has to happen.

His first birthday party at Micah's parents house was great! We had a wonderful time with Micah's immediate family and some extended family and Jonah got a lot of great gifts (that he really wasn't too interested in opening...haha) I was disappointed though because he wasn't too interested in his cake either. He wouldn't even take one bite but Micah's mom snuck a little frosting in his mouth and he thought "hmmm, that is kinda good" so then he went on to take little bites of the frosting but never got much into the actual cake. I was hoping he would dive in and get messy!:)

Last night for his actual birthday, Micah and I got him a few gifts each and I got him balloons and a cupcake. He was a little bit more interested in opening his gifts when it was just the three of us, but the couple clothes he just tossed to the side...haha:) He was a little more interested in the cupcake too and ate a little more than he did of the cake over the weekend. This Saturday is his last party, which is going to be with my family at my parents house. I hope that one goes as well as the one last weekend!

I feel so happy and blessed to have had one wonderful year with our little Jonah! He is our pride and joy and he is just so fun and I cannot wait to see how much more fun he is going to become! I love him so much!!!

No comments: