Monday, September 14, 2009

11 Months!!!


Another month that FLEW by!! We had a very fun month because we spent a weekend with Micah's family in Deerfield, WI and we just spent this past weekend (just the three of us) in Egg Harbor, WI. Both were sooooo much fun and Jonah had a great time!

So Jonah is still crawling like Gollum from Lord of the Rings. My mother-in-law thought he would figure out that crawling on both knees would get him around faster, but he just prefers to do it his own way and has gotten VERY fast and efficient at getting around this strange way! I love watching him...it's still so funny to me:) This month he has officially become a cruiser as well. He pulls himself up ALL the time on EVERYTHING and walks around while holding on to things! He started off pulling himself up on his activity table, on us, and in his crib, but now he will do it on whatever he is near (the dishwasher, the kitchen cart, the kitchen chair, the couch, etc... Most of the time when he wakes up from a nap or in the morning, he is standing in his crib. He actually started "teething" on his crib and we had to get a cover for it because the wood was coming off! He is getting better and better at moving his feet and walking when someone is holding his hands, but he still likes to walk a few steps this way and then sit down:) I am chasing him around everywhere at this point, I can't even imagine once he really does start walking...it's only going to get worse!

He is still eating the baby food and loves his snacks too! We are starting now to try some cheese (tonight was the first attempt and he wasn't a fan), so we will try again tomorrow. He also had been battling a cold for a LONG time so I wasn't giving him any yogurt because that wasn't helping his stuffiness. Today was the first time in over a month that he had yogurt and he loved it as much as he did before (thank goodness!) He use to eat the Yobaby and liked all the flavors I had tried to give him, but I couldn't find the Yobaby in the grocery store today. I did however find a yogurt that was labeled as being new. It is made by Horizon and it's called little blends. It is for kids and it's yogurt with blended fruit and veggies in one serving. It sounded really gross to me, but I thought I might as well try it because it's another way for him to get fruits and veggies while having his favorite food of yogurt. The one that sounded the best of the three choices was with apple and butternut squash. I was so glad he liked it! Hopefully he will continue liking it:) I cannot believe that in another month Jonah will be 1!!!!:)

No comments: