
So for those of you reading my blog that don't already know, I am pregnant with baby #2!!:) I am currently 13 weeks and 2 days along! I have been feeling pretty yucky during this first trimester, just as I did when I was pregnant with Jonah. After the first trimester was done, I started feeling better and better when preggo with Jonah and then I LOVED being pregnant (I am crossing my fingers and hoping that is what happens again!) I want to be able to fully enjoy this little bundle of joy growing inside of me!:) I was not able to see my doctor for the first time until a couple weeks ago (I was 11 weeks at that point by my own calculations). I was so nervous before having this appointment because I was that far along and hadn't been able to REALLY comfirm I was pregnant (except with the positive pregnancy tests I took on December 17). I was SOOOOOOOOO happy when my doctor wanted to do an ultrasound just to confirm my dates. My date was exactly on track which makes for a due date of August 16! Everything looked great on the ultrasound and you could see the little heart beating away (which was such a relief, even though we didn't get to hear it at this point).
Today I went for an appointment in the maternal fetal care center on the same floor where I gave birth to Jonah and where I will be giving birth to this baby as well. I had never visited this center because my doctor was in Illinois up until I was about 7 months pregnant with Jonah. The nurses and receptionist were all very nice so I was pleased with that. The reason for this trip was my first trimester screening which is an ultrasound where the tech measures a couple different things on the baby and also draws blood from me, and then these things get sent in to a company in another state that assess the numbers and the blood and come back to me with the odds that our baby could have some type of chromosomanal abnormality. It of course cannot say, yes, your baby has some type of abnormality, it's just the chances that they could that we will find out in about a week. I was so excited to have another ultrasound though and see my baby again! The baby looked great!!! I got to see a bunch of different angles and the tech said he/she was very cooperative while getting the measurements she needed:) And finally I got to hear the baby's heartbeat which was a strong 160 bpm! Praise the Lord for the healthy baby growing inside of me!
P.S. My next ultrasound is scheduled for March 25 at 7:30 a.m. and that is when we get to find out if Jonah will have a baby brother or a baby sister!!!:)
7 comments:
How exciting! Glad that everything went well at your appointment and I hope you'll get to feeling better soon!
Congrats! That's awesome!!!
Thanks!!!
Congrats!!!
I hope you get to feeling better soon! I know how hard it can be. I have 4 boys and am 19weeks pregnant and am just starting to feel somewhat normal again. Thank goodness!
I love your bloggy layout! Somewhat like the one I have. :)
Thanks for stopping by and entering one of my giveaways at http://raisingmy4sons.com
(Oh, and I have added another baby related giveaway today!)
I am following you now! :)
How exciting! Great ultrasound pic! Our ultrasound is this Friday, but we are going to try to hold out and not find out the sex this time around. It's going to be really hard though having 4 boys already!
I can't wait to read all about your pregnancy journey since we are so close. (I'm due in July.)
Thanks!! That's great that you are going to try and let the sex be a surprise....I don't think I could do it!:)
Sounds like everything went well. Isn't being pregnant the best. I loved seeing my babies on the ultrasound screen. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love meeting new friends. Can't wait to hear what the baby is.
Post a Comment