Sunday, June 14, 2009

8 Months!!!


This past month FLEW by!! Jonah is just too much fun! The biggest change in the past month is with his eating habits. He is eating so much more solid food. We have found a few things he just loves and some things he wants nothing to do with. We decided to skip most "regular" baby food (the jarred stuff) and move right to real table food. I really love this method and I would highly recommend it to others! It seems Jonah's favorite big people food is applesauce. He loved it right away and continues to love it. Other things he has really liked are carrots, sweet potatoes, and bananas and most recently cantaloupe, cooked apples, and he LOVED mango! He also loves baby treats such as Gerber puffs, yogurt melts, and yogurt nibblers, and also veggie sticks (crunchy, kind of like chips). A few things he has tried multiple times but wanted nothing to do with were green beans, avocado, white potatoes, and broccoli. It is so much fun being able to feed him different things and see what he likes and dislikes. I am hoping he will come to like more veggies than he has started out liking:)

Still no crawling...I keep waiting for it to happen but he's just not quite ready yet and that's completely fine! It will happen when he's ready:) He still pushes himself backwards (almost always) when on his tummy and he gets around a lot by that and rolling every which way. He sits up even better now that another month has passed which is so nice! It's nice to be able to have him sitting up when he's outside so he can look around and see the world. Also, we have started putting him in his stroller now without being in the infant seat so that is fun as well. He gets so excited when in the stroller because he just likes to look around. I love talking him on walks because he just smiles and "talks" most of the way because he loves it so much!

Some other funny things he does now is when we go upstairs to put him to bed, Micah always carries him up and I follow behind that. He realizes now that is what is going to happen so he looks over Micah's shoulder at me and smiles. We make a game out of it pretty much every night. Anytime Micah carries him up the stairs now he looks over his shoulder for me, whether I'm there or not. It's SO cute!!:) We have also discovered that he has a few tickle spots on him and we get him laughing pretty good. He loves music and always has, but whenever Micah plays the song "Mess Around" by Ray Charles on his phone Jonah gets a huge smile on his face...I guess it's his favorite:) Well, I could go on and on about how fun and cute Jonah is but I guess this will be all for now:)

No comments: