Monday, February 9, 2009

First night away


So I had my first night away from Jonah on Friday of this past weekend. I had plans to go to Champaign to the Rascal Flatts concert with my sister Kaislie. Kaislie had asked me awhile back if I would want to go and I told her no because I couldn't spend the money on it at that time, and she really wanted to go so she was very kind and said she would buy me ticket. I couldn't pass that up so I said yes and we made our plans. Because it was on a Friday night I knew Micah couldn't keep Jonah because he would have to work that day, so my mom said her and my dad could keep him overnight. I decided that I would like a night away so I said ok to my mom's offer. I knew I would have to bring milk for Jonah because he doesn't take formula so we practiced giving him bottles a few nights in a row before the time came to be away from him. On Thursday Kaislie wasn't feeling well so we didn't know if we'd go, but the next day she was fine so we went. We left Morris around noon on Friday. I wasn't worried about Jonah's safety or anything like that since he was with my parents, but of course I was just nervous for him to take 3 bottles in a row on Friday and then another one Saturday morning. Also, he sleeps through the night, but I didn't want him not to for my parents and then have to be up in the night with him. I sent my mom multiple text messages throughout the day and night and talked to her a few times as well, just to check up on things and see how it was going. Every time I talked to her, she said things were going just fine, except he did fuss when they put him down to bed so they picked him up, he fell asleep in my mom's arms, and then she put him down and he was fine. He slept straight thru the night just as he always does so that was great! My mom actually went into his room at 7:30 on Saturday morning because she hadn't heard him yet and he normally makes a few sounds before then. We got back to Morris around 10:30 on Saturday morning and I was soooooo happy to see Jonah. I missed him so much but I do have to say that I am glad I took that opportunity to get away and know he was safe with my parents:)

No comments: